NDA (National Defence Academy) is joint training academy of Indian armed forces (Army, Air Force, and Navy). It is also called the symbol of global excellence in the province of military education. It is a cradle of leadership where leaders of tomorrow are trained and molded to lead the defence forces.
To join National Defence Academy, a candidate has to clear NDA exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi. The entrance exam is conducted twice a year and the Union Public Service Commission is solely responsible for issuing guidelines for selection and the final conduct of the entrance examination.
To attract the best of youth from our nation, UPSC has released the notification for NDA-1 on 15th January 2018. Click the link to know more about NDA and its glorious existence.
NDA-I 2018 Notifications
NDA-II 2017 Notifications
Application Fee Payment:
- The application fee for General and OBC students is Rs. 100.
- SC/ST category students and children of NCOs/ JCOs/Ors are exempted from to pay the application fee.
- Those who want to pay through online mode can make payment through – VISA/Master/Debit Card and Net banking.
- Offline mode of payment includes E-challan of SBI Bank.
- Applicant must be in between 16.5 years to 19 years old.
- Only unmarried male candidates can apply.
- Applicants must have completed 12th class or equivalent exam from a recognized board or university.
- Those who want to get selected for Air Force and Navymust have to hold a 12th class certificate or equivalent exam with Physics and Mathematics as the main subjects.
- Candidates must be medically sound according to the standards by National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination.
- To get admitted to the academy, candidates have to go through a medical exam and declared fit by the medical board.
NDA Exam Pattern:
- All the questions will be objective type
- Examination mode will be pen and paper mode.
- The duration of the examination will be Two and a half hour for Code 1 and Code 2 each.
- The exam will be divided into two sections i.e. Code 1 (Mathematics) and Code 2 (General Ability Test.
- The exam will be available in both Hindi and English
- There will be negative marking for each wrong answer.
||2 hours and 30 minutes
|General Ability Test
||2 hrs and 30 minutes
NDA Exam Syllabus:
- Candidates are always suggested to gather the necessary information in diverse fields like Math, Polity, Economics, History, Geography, Current Affairs, General Knowledge, English, Physics, Chemistry, Life Sciences etc.
- Mathematics section (Code 01) includes topics like Algebra, Calculus, Matrices, and Determinants, Differential Calculus, Vector Algebra, Statistics and Probability, Integral Calculus & Differential equations, Analytical Geometry of Two and Three Dimensions.
- General Ability Test (Code 02) is divided into two parts – English and General Knowledge.
- General Knowledge consists of Physics, Chemistry, General Science, Social Studies, Geography and Current Events.
How to apply:
- To apply for the NDA exam, Candidates can visit https://upsconline.nic.in.
- Click the “click here for Part I” to register for Part I of registration.
- Submit all the details carefully. The process of filling the form is quite simple.
- Now, a registration code will be sent to your email id and mobile no.
- Print the application and proceed to part-ii of registration
- To make the payment, there are two modes available i.e. Online and offline.
- Choose the center of examination from the given list.
- Thereafter, click and upload the latest scanned photograph and signature.
- Submit the agreement of the declaration
NOTE: Applicants may take the print out of the application submitted or all details will be forwarded to the applicant’s email address.
Click here to know the latest notification regarding the NDA Examination 2018.